Giller Prize Longlist
The 2018 Scotiabank Giller Prize long list was announced yesterday. Twelve authors are in the running for the $100,000 prize. The list will be reduced to six finalists to be announced on Oct. 1.
The long list nominees for the 25th anniversary of the Giller Prize are:
• Paige Cooper for her story collection Zolitude, published by A John Metcalf Book, an imprint of Biblioasis.
• Patrick deWitt for his novel French Exit, published by House of Anansi Press.
• Eric Dupont for his novel Songs for the Cold of Heart, translated by Peter McCambridge, published by QC Fiction, an imprint of Baraka Books.
• Esi Edugyan for her novel Washington Black, published by Patrick Crean Editions, an imprint of HarperCollins Canada.
• Rawi Hage for his novel Beirut Hellfire Society, published by Knopf Canada.
• Sheila Heti for her novel Motherhood, published by Knopf Canada.
• Emma Hooper for her novel Our Homesick Songs, published by Hamish Hamilton Canada.
• Thea Lim for her novel An Ocean of Minutes, published by Viking Canada.
• Lisa Moore for her story collection Something for Everyone, published by Astoria, an imprint of House of Anansi.
• Tanya Tagaq for her novel Split Tooth, published by Viking Canada, which hasn’t officially been released yet but comes out next week.
• Kim Thúy for her novel Vi, translated by Sheila Fischman, published by Random House Canada.
• Joshua Whitehead for his novel Jonny Appleseed, published by Arsenal Pulp Press.